Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Ring...

This Thursday I was organizing school papers and working on one of the many projects that I have. After working on my project I cleaned up my mess. The next day when I was getting ready for school I could not find my ring. I knew it was somewhere in the house so I didn't worry too much, so I went on my merry way to school. When I got home I let Kyle know that he should keep his eyes open for my ring, for those who don't know me that well I am notorious for misplacing items, so he didn't worry too much. On Saturday, I decided that I needed to clean everywhere to see if I could uncover it in any unlikely spot that I might have placed it. During the midst of all the cleaning I said little prayers to myself that I might be able to recall where I had placed it. After all the cleaning had been done I still had not found it. I was a little worried. Kyle tried to walk me through my week to see if anything would come back to my memory. The only thing that I could remember was that I had put it on my finger with the band separate from the ring.(It's a little bit more loose when you do this) After I got home from the Relief Society Broadcast, which was amazing, Kyle and I started to search again. He asked if I might have accidentally thrown it away as I was cleaning, as it might have fallen in with some papers. Kyle went out to the trash receptacle to get two smaller bags that we had thrown away that day. Opening the trash we didn't see it in there. That night Kyle prayed that we might find it. It was a very sweet faith filled prayer. That night and on this morning in individual prayer the thought was to again look in the trash but this time in a larger trash bag that I had put into the trash receptacle on Friday morning. After church we came home and had our hometeachers over. They prayed for us too and even offered to look behind every book to see if there was any place that we had missed. As they were leaving Kyle left to go do his hometeaching. When he came back he brought in our trash bag to look through it. Tender mercies and miracles happen there it was on a napkin both prices laying side by side between some papers. Luckily he didn't have to dig very far. (I consider this the second blessing it was really stinky) We felt very blessed and knelt down and thanked our Heavenly Father that we had found the ring. I guess it had slipped off my finger while I was throwing things away and hadn't noticed because I was rushing to get it done. We know prayers are answered.

3 comments:

JnJMills said...

Isn't it amazing to have a Heavenly Father who is mindful of the little things as well as the big! A wedding ring is both little and big, so I am grateful your prayers were answered!

Cyndie said...

I didn't know you had a blog. YAY!

Toad said...

I love stories like that! It's an amazing experience to get to the point of saying a prayer and then knowing He helps us!! I am so glad you found your ring.