Sunday, March 22, 2009

Super Update




Ok, This is long over due and we are sorry for not letting more people know. If you can't tell by these pictures Ila is pregnant. We originally didn't say anything because we had a slight scare at the 2 month mark. Turned out to not be serious. So we didn't tell anyone because we weren't sure if there would be a miscarriage. Well that was the excuse 4 months ago. Since then we have just been busy. It's a boy. Sweet. We are naming him Warren after my (Kyle's) grandpa. He is due June 20th. (Buttar's isn't your b-day the 20th?) Most people in our ward just found out too, so don't feel bad we left out everyone. Part of the reason for this is because Ila is taking her sweet time showing her belly. It really isn't very big. Only in the last month has she really started to show. We are nervous and excited as most of you have experienced this and know the emotions. So any pointers would be appreciated. I already heard about the cold air hitting the little guy when changing diapers and having a good stream flying through the air. 

We have also been a little more busy then usual. Ila took a PRAXIS test. so she was studying hard for that. She took it last week and we find out if she passed in about 3 weeks. I have just finished a teaching practicum course that took a lot of my time. Now I only have one class the rest of the semester. FREEDOM!!! This week I am heading to Denver for a TESOL conference. I have been applying for the MA TESOL program. The program here has been going through a major overhaul and my thesis proposal was rejected because they felt it would take longer then a year but they still wanted me in the program. Now I am submitting a project proposal. Which is turning out to be a much better course then the thesis route and a huge blessing. I am also working for a research group getting paid to do some of the easiest and most boring work ever. J/k It is really interesting but can get tiresome after awhile. I listen to non-native speakers of English as they repeat sentences they have just heard from a native speaker. I mark whether or not they say each syllable correctly. All my work is on-line from home with ear phones and the click of a mouse. Man if I would have known I could get paid more doing this then working for my old man I would have done this years ago. J/k I miss working outside and actually doing some physical work. 

Ila has been working crazy hours the last few weeks. She got home the other night late because of parent teacher conferences. She is enjoying the Relief Society. She puts all her extra effort into enrichment activities. I get stuck in our bedroom when the activities are held here. I just don't want to get in between the sisters and their enrichment so I hide in our room. (I still hear them giggling though) Our ward and neighbors are great. In fact I tutor our 12 year Korean neighbor boy with his English. His mom makes us Korean food ever time I tutor. I guess they feel like they need to pay us somehow. It is pretty good food most the time.

3 comments:

Kyle and Ashlie said...

Nice to know you guys are alive! Congrats, congrats, congrats!! We are so excited for you two! We should plan to do something soon. Well good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and let us know if you need anything. Oh and Kyle's birthday is on the 30th but that is impressive to be that close.

Mills Family said...

IT is exciting that baby Warren will have a boy cousin about his age! We are excited for all that you are doing. Keep us posted on your Praxis results and all that you are doing. Can't wait to see you this summer.

McKell said...

Congratulations Johnson and Ila. We wish you all the best throughout the remainder of the pregnancy and when the little one arrives.